Monday, November 24, 2008

Back to Life...Back to Reality

This is the song that I literally sang while walking out of the stuffy tube thingy from the plane to the airport terminal. The Gazelle just laughed at me.

Have you ever taken a moment to reflect, and then realized that you can’t remember the past month of your life? Really?! Yeah…me too. I feel like I have been living in a centrifuge for about a month now.

My Grandpa passed away exactly 3 weeks and 1 day ago, sparking an impromptu trip to Central NY to be with my family. I was back at work just in time to get caught up, and then left again on vacation last Wednesday, returning on Sunday. I am now just about caught up at work…in time to leave on a 4 day Thanksgiving holiday weekend! I'm beginning to understand the concept behind everyone’s musings about “there are not enough hours in the day.” I mean…I’ve understood it before, but I think I’m just really feeling it lately.

2 days until Thanksgiving…29 days until Christmas.

TWENTY NINE days until Christmas??!! Not only did I just spend a small fortune to have my 2 crazy dogs boarded while I was on vacation, but I also had the brakes on my car replaced while I was away. Not fixed. Replaced. Apparently, brakes can only be fixed so many times before they need to be replaced. Probably much like a hip or a knee I suppose. I’m sure that hip, knee, and brake replacements are all equally as shocking when you receive the bill.

I did have a great time on vacation though. But, all things must come to an end.

**sigh**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me...