Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

I'm glad that today is Thoughtful Thursday because there is SO much to tell you, and this post will allow me to touch on all of those things without putting you through too much painful detail.

Well, for now anyway...stay tuned for the painful detail part in the coming days.

1) I have 2 product reviews coming up (Bondi Band & Truvia), and one in the works. I am so excited.

2) The above "in the works" product review involves YOU too! YOU are going to help ME. Well, one of YOU will help ME. The reason why I need help? Well...I'll post that separately later on today. You're gonna have to stay on your toes to keep up with me today...It's going to be a busy day in Joggerville. Hope your Google reader is prepared for this mess I'm about to create!

3) Sometimes, I wonder if bacon cookies taste good. I think I'm going to try them this weekend. My Gazelle loves bacon, and he loves chocolate chip cookies. So. I'm concluding that he would LUHHHVE bacon chocolate chip cookies. That is the theory. To be continued.

4) Cupcakes are my friend. I made cupcakes on Monday, then brought them to work. Well, first I ate 8 or 10 of them...THEN I brought them to work. Now, I want to try another cupcake recipe, so I will make them this weekend and bring them to work again. Is this some sort of affliction? I've heard of those strange people who make hoards of food and then feed everyone just for the satisfaction of feeding everyone. I've only heard of them though. I don't actually know anyone like that. Nope. Not me. Never known a single one. Ever.

5) I made a pact with myself on Tuesday that I wasn't going to refer to the "treadmill" as the "dreadmill" anymore. I've decided that the word "dread" is conjuring up negative images in my head and possibly training me to think that the treadmill is really something I should dread. I mean, I really dislike running on the treadmill, but I don't want to make it any worse by programming my brain to unequivocally dread the treadmill. Thus, I decided that I needed to come up with a more friendly name for said treadmill. My first instinct was to call it the "friendmill". But, that brought to mind images of rainbows and butterflies. I'm just not a rainbow and butterfly kind of gal. So, from this point forward, the treadmill shall be referred to as "Fred Mill". "It" is now "he", and THAT makes me feel warm and squishy on the inside. Like I have another friend...minus the rainbows and butterflies. It's more like "Hey Fred, wassup? Lets go for a run!" See...I like it already!

6) Tonight, I am going to see The Vagina Monologues with My Gazelle's sister. She is a lovely singer and pianist, training at The Peabody Institute in Baltimore, which is this fancy schmancy division of John's Hopkins where very talented musicians go to study their musician stuff. The focus of her studies is in classical opera. She is approximately 4'11" tall. It amazes me that this little "girl" can sing so BIG! When she spends the night at my house, I awake to the sound of opera singing in my shower (just think about it for a secon...it's a very novel thing). When she sings, it makes me feel happy. When she sings in 5 different languages, it makes me feel shocked. And I'm not sure about The Vagina Monologues, but hey...whatever. I'm a go with the flow kind of chick, ya know?

7) It's hella windy outside today. At approximately 8:30EST, I watched a tree snap in half outside my office window. It made me excited and scared all at the same time. Excited because I've never seen a tree snap in half from the wind...well, not in person, and scared because I wasn't sure if it was coming my way. It wasn't. I'm fine. Don't worry.

8) Yesterday, prior to my little shorty-short run (I heart Wednesdays), I set up my camera. My tripod. Hauled out my coupon trapper keeper. Set aside my 3 Sunday papers from...well...Sunday. All of this work so that I could (RE) film my JL Coupon Tutorial, Part II, which I would have never had to re-film if I had properly read YouTube's terms prior to my first stint with the video camera. I was so ready. Totally prepared. Except for the fact that I am a dummy and I bought the LATE edition of the Sunday paper, which does NOT include coupons. Learn from my mistake. Buy your Sunday paper early. Lest you spend $4.50 of your hard earned money on 3 stupid papers without coupons. The good news? I improvised. I decided to split Part II into two sections. One in which I explain my binder (which I had with me), and one in which I explain the coupon-clipping process (which I didn't have with me). Today, I am going to edit/fix/edit the coupon binder vid and post 'er on YouTube. I'll be so proud of myself when its finally done! Oh. The other good news is that since I decided to split it into 2 sections, I had time to talk at the beginning of the vid, so you get to pick on me. That should be fun for you. I even blessed you with the cheesiest smile that I could muster up. I did it on purpose. Just so that you would smile too. I hope it works.

9) Today, my blood feels thick. I don't know. I can't explain it. It just does. I'm drinking massive quantities of water, hopefully that will unthicken it.

10) I love you.


The end.
blog comments powered by Disqus