Monday, March 30, 2009

Product Review: Nature's Promise Peanut Butter Honey Roasted Snack Bar

I am taking a break from my crazed life as an accountant to bring you a product review! Aren't you so excited?

But first.

How long can one stare at an Excel spreadsheet without permanently fusing grid lines on the lens of their eyeball? I'm just wondering.

Oh. One more thing.

Why is it that the only thing that I want to consume while I'm feverishly accounting are Snicker's bars? I hate Snicker's bars. They make my teeth hurt. But, for some reason, that's all I want these days. I haven't given into the madness and actually consumed one (for fear of dying from sugar shock).

So now, I'm searching for a non-genetically-altered, relatively chemical-free version of a Snicker's bar.

In my spare time.

I'll let you know when I find it. Spare time as well as the healthy Snicker's bar.

Photobucket


Today, I'm reviewing this Nature's Promise Peanut Butter Honey Roasted Snack Bar. The name is a bit of a tongue twister. A little long for my taste, but that's ok. It's only a minor detail.

Smell: I opened the package and didn't really smell anything until I really tried to smell it. As soon as I got very close, I smelled mostly peanuts.

Texture: The bar is quite sticky due to all of the honey, which is keeping everything stuck together. I was surprised that the peanuts were still crunchy, but that was a good thing. There's nothing worse than mushy peanuts in a snack bar. Gross.

Taste: There wasn't much depth to the taste. It's basically peanuts and honey. The end. I was kind of sad. I was expecting it to taste like peanut butter (as the name would suggest), so I was disappointed. I love peanut butter, but there wasn't a trace of the stuff in this bar.

The Verdict: I didn't hate this snack bar. I just can't say that I'd ever buy it again. I just sort of felt "meh" about it. It was crunchy and a good snack to eat with some yogurt or cottage cheese, but I wasn't really impressed. I wish that it would've tasted more like peanut butter, and less like plain peanuts.

I'm still giving it my Jogger's Seal of Approval, even though it didn't live up to my expectations.

They're kind of high.

I don't blame you, Nature's Promise Peanut Butter Honey Roasted Snack Bar. Your name is just too long. That seems like a heavy burden to bear.
blog comments powered by Disqus