Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

After a brief hiatus from Thoughtful Thursdays, I'm back.

Don't be scared.

1) I've come to terms with the fact that I don't want to be a CPA. However, I still feel like I need to be "something". When I nonchalantly faced My Gazelle with this conversation on Sunday night, he responded, "well, what do you want to do?" My response? "I'm just not ready to speak it into the universe yet!" Then I ran away. Literally. That's just what I do.

I felt like he asked me the formula to calculate the speed of light. Or the correct way to divide a recipe into 2 (this has never been my strong point). I ran away because even though I fully know what I want to be, I constantly struggle with self doubt. I don't know if I will succeed at the things I really want to do in life. I'm an accountant, and I'm good at it, but it's not my passion. I feel like there is more out there for me. I have a strong desire to help. The three career choices that I wanted to pursue as a junior in high school searching for colleges were as follows:

1) Physical therapist
2) Social worker
3) Occupational therapist

I'm an accountant. I often sit back and wonder how I got "here". I consistently failed math from grades K-12. You do the math.

2) Today I am officially almost better after the mysterious debilitating sickness that fell upon me after my run on Sunday. I still have this pesky headache that comes and goes, and the occasional cough, but for the most part I'm doing well. I'm considering a short run tonight to test the waters. On Monday, I was already planning my running schedule this week around my sickness. I announced to My Gazelle on Monday night "I will run Thursday, Friday & Sunday this week...it'll be ok." So, hopefully a run tonight will not set me back, but I'll take it easy just in case.

3) I'm chalking up my quick recovery (4 days isn't bad at all) to my recent commitment to The Green Smoothie Challenge, lots of Airborne, homeopathic nasal spray, the Vick's Personal Steam Inhaler, and sleep.

4) Speaking of The Green Smoothie Challenge, if you haven't tried your first Green Smoothie, please do. The things are not as bad as they might seem. Today is day #5, and I am pretty convinced that the benefits of drinking these smoothies are huge. Anyone who has **ahem** abdominal issues **ahem** should really consider drinking these bad boys. As I mentioned before, it took the first 2 days for my body to become used to all of the veggies and fiber in one shot, but it's been smooth sailing for the past 3 days. I even convinced My Gazelle to try his first smoothie on day #3, and he's been on the bandwagon with me ever since. This is from a man who will only eat broccoli, green beans, and raw carrots.

5) It didn't really occur to me how labor intensive putting together 12 coupon binders would be. Until I had to put together 12 coupon binders. I had no idea that the response would be so overwhelming for my silly old binders. It does make me happy though! It has also prompted me to launch a website specifically for my coupon binders. There is obviously a need for these things, so I shall fill it! I already bought the domain name, so now I'm just getting everything photographed and organized on the website/store. How fun!

6) I never did make those bacon chocolate chip cookies. I need to do that this weekend.

7) Speaking of this weekend. I'm kind of sad because this is the first weekend that my Gazelle will be working a whole weekend after a month of free or semi-free weekends. He would of had Sunday off, but instead he picked up an overtime shift from 1PM-9PM. It makes me sad, but hopefully he's putting aside some cashola for that which I shall never again save on my desktop again.

8) How many blog giveaways do I have to enter before I actually win something? Just wondering. I'm going to start counting entries so that I can come up with some sort of odds like in Vegas. Because I think I've entered about 50 contests in the past 10 days, and no wins yet!
blog comments powered by Disqus